Pursuant to the provisions of Section 108 and other applicable provisions, if any, of the Companies Act, 2013 (“the Act”) read with Rule 20 of the Companies (Management and Administration) Rules, 2014, as amended by the Companies (Management and Administration) Amendment Rules, 2015 (“the Rules”), Amrit Banaspati Company Limited (“the Company”) is pleased to provide to its members the facility of casting vote using an electronic voting system from a place other than the venue of the Annual General Meeting (“remote e-Voting”) in relation to the business to be transacted at the 30th Annual General Meeting (AGM) of your Company to be held at Hotel Orange Pie, A-1, Sector-66, Noida-201309 (U.P.) on Wednesday, the 8th day of July, 2015 at 11.30 a.m.
The facility of casting the votes by remote e-voting system will be provided through National Securities Depository Limited (NSDL)’s remote e-voting platform. In this regard, your demat account/folio number has been enrolled by the Company for your participation in e-Voting on the Resolutions as set out in the Notice of the AGM dated 14th May, 2015.
The remote e-Voting period commences from Sunday, July 5, 2015 (09.00 AM) and ends on Tuesday, July 7, 2015 (05.00 PM). During this period, you may cast your vote electronically. The remote e-Voting module shall be disabled for voting thereafter. Once the vote on a resolution is cast, you will not be allowed to change it subsequently.
The voting rights of members shall be in proportion to their shares of the paid up equity share capital of the Company as on the Cut-off date of July 01, 2015. Any person, who acquires shares and becomes member of the Company after dispatch of the notice and holding shares as of the cut-off date, i.e., July 01, 2015, will be provided the notice through mail or by post after the cut-off date. Such members may obtain the login ID and password by sending a request at email@example.com or firstname.lastname@example.org.
The facility for voting through ballot paper shall be made available at the AGM and members attending the meeting who have not cast their vote by remote e-Voting shall be able to exercise their right at the meeting through ballot paper.
The instructions and other information relating to E-voting are as under:
(a) In case of Shareholders receiving e-mail from NSDL (for members whose email IDs are registered with the Company/Depository Participants(s)):
- Open e-mail and open PDF file viz; ABCL-remote e-Voting.pdf with your Client ID or Folio No. as password containing your user ID and password for remote e-voting. Please note that the password is an initial password.
- Launch internet browser by typing the URL: www.evoting.nsdl.com.
- Click on “Shareholder” – “Login”
- Put user ID and password as initial password noted in step (i) above. Click on “Login”. Password change menu appears. Change the password with new password of your choice with minimum 8 digits/characters or combination thereof. Note new password. It is strongly recommended not to share your password with any other person and take utmost care to keep your password confidential.
- Home page of remote e-Voting opens. Click on remote e-Voting: Active Voting Cycles.
- Select “EVEN” of Amrit Banaspati Company Limited.
- Now you are ready for e-voting as cast vote page opens.
- Cast your vote by selecting appropriate option and click on “Submit” and also “Confirm” when prompted.
- Upon confirmation, the message “Vote cast successfully” will be displayed.
- Once you have voted on the resolution, you will not be allowed to modify your vote. Voting has to be done for each item of the Notice separately for each demat accounts/folios.
- Members holding multiple folios/demat accounts shall choose the voting process separately for each folio/demat account.
- Corporate/Institutional shareholders (i.e. other than individuals, HUF, NRI etc.) are required to send scanned copy (PDF/JPG Format) of the relevant board resolution/authority letter etc. together with attested specimen signature of the duly authorized signatory(ies) who are authorized to vote, to the scrutinizer through e-mail to email@example.com with a copy marked to firstname.lastname@example.org.
(b) In case of Members receiving Physical copy of Notice of 30th Annual General Meeting (for members whose email IDs are not registered with the Company/Depository Participants(s) or requesting physical copy)
- Initial password is being provided in the communication sent separately:
- Please follow all steps from Sl. No. (ii) to Sl. No. (xii) as mentioned in (a) above, to cast vote.
Please note the following:
- A member can opt for only one mode of voting i.e. either through remote e-voting or by Ballot. A member may participate in the AGM even after exercising his right to vote through remote e-voting but shall not be allowed to vote again at the AGM.
- A person, whose name is recorded in the register of members or in the register of beneficial owners maintained by the depositories as on the cut-off date only shall be entitled to avail the facility of remote e-voting as well as voting at the AGM through ballot paper.
- The Chairman shall, at the AGM, at the end of discussion on the resolutions on which voting is to be held, allow voting with the assistance of scrutinizer, by use of “Ballot Paper” for all those members who are present at the AGM but have not cast their votes by availing the remote e-voting facility.
- The Scrutinizer shall after the conclusion of the AGM, will first count the votes cast at the meeting and thereafter unblock the votes cast through remote e-voting in the presence of at least two witnesses not in the employment of the Company and shall make, not later than three days of the conclusion of the AGM, a consolidated scrutinizer’s report of the total votes cast in favour or against, if any, to the Chairman or a person authorized by him in writing, who shall countersign the same and declare the result of the voting forthwith.
- Login to e-voting website will be disabled upon five unsuccessful attempts to key-in the correct password. In such an event, you will need to go through 'Forgot Password' option available on the site to reset the same.
- Your login id and password can be used by you exclusively for e-voting on the resolution placed by the company in which you are the shareholder.
- It is strongly recommended not to share your password with any other person and take utmost care to keep it confidential.
- Please note that if you have opened 3-in-1 account with ICICI Group i.e. bank account and demat account with ICICI Bank Limited and trading account with ICICI Securities Limited, you can access e-Voting website of NSDL through their website viz.; www.icicidirect.com for the purpose of casting your votes electronically by using your existing user ID and password used for accessing the website www.icicidirect.com. Please note that in case you are not able to login through the ICICI direct website, you can also access the e-Voting system of NSDL by using your existing user ID and password for the e-voting system of NSDL.
In case of any queries, you may refer to the Frequently Asked Questions (FAQs) for members and e-voting user manual for members available at the Downloads sections of
https://www.evoting.nsdl.com or contact NSDL at the following toll free no.: